ONE -Ideas of what is about and what it means forget personally .
The script shows us a depressed clown who has to work and entertain an audience but he can't succeed it, his problem is more important even if we don't know the back story, we can understand that his problem is over all the rest of his life and his work. We can understand there is a change in his life, and the show is the key, but he knows that he can't succeed it and he could turn into a nervous breakdown, in front of the audience, as if he was naked, showing his feelings, even if he has a mask...
We can see the loneliness of the character in front of the audience, the compere and the most important : his own life!
TWO - Scenes needs and life needs of all the characters. Sometimes referred to as the spines and transformations .
The life needs of the clown is that he's at a turning point in his life, he's going to have a nervous breakdown, on the scene. He seems to want or need a kind of recognition through his job, but in the same time he can't hide his feeling behind a mask. As a clown he shows himself to the audience even with a mask, but he can't make the audience feel unconfortable, but he did it. So the scene needs is closely linked to his life needs, the show could be a kind of outlet, to go through his demons, his fears and to transform it into a comic performance.
Concerning the compere, his life needs are to achieve a business, he's more obsessed by his reputation and the money he wins than his employee's feelings and problems. His scene needs is obviously worst than his life needs because he assists to the chaotic show of the clown and he understands there is a problem, for his night club, his reputation, and his money! He's just obsessed by the clown's performance and hopes he will try to save the show. Actually, as it's a failure, he just want to destroy him, the clown's problems don't matter anymore because he has ruined the reputation of the compere's club.
I have to modify the last 8 points...
Work in progress!
THREE - Each scene facts/images and questions it raises.
We can see in the first scene that it introduces the character and gives us the keys to know him, his feelings and his backstory.
And in the last one we have the result, the first scene could help us to know what will happen in the last scene, it's a kind of vicious circle but everything is worst and worst...
FOUR - What the scene is about its emotional event and how the scene fits the story graph of the script.
The first scene is about the presentation of the clown, to show the tragic face of the situation (thanks to the mask).
The second scene shows us the evolution of the situation, everything falls in, in a kind of apotheosis but deeply tragical!
The last scene is the result, everything is lost, he's definitely over.
FIVE - Possible character objectives and imaginative back story adjustments.
The clown objectives : to show unconsciously his nervous breakdown. A clown is supposed to represent happiness and entertain people, but for him it's the contrary!
That's linked to the compere attitude who expected him to be talentuous and not pathetic, because his work he's based on the success of the clown's performance.
SIX -The beats of the scenes its characterisation and action verbs ideas of how you might work on the beats.
The beginning : the audience doesn't know him yet, so people expected him to be a good clown, because they have paid for that. They are waiting for something funny until he says that he's here to entertain people, there is the first beat of the scene because wa have the reaction of the audience. Then we have the prayer. The second beat appeared when the prayer is personalized by the clown and because insane, the audience become sceptical and anxious. The last beat, the end, when he leaves the stage.
SEVEN - The scene reality and environment.
Tense, anxiety, stress, expecting for an successful performance, cruelty and no pity from the compere.
EIGHT - Research you have done and research you have left to do.
I have already work on the storyboard but n ot totally finished yet because I'm not really sure about some details. I have probably found the place to shot it, in an old and small cinema, I'm waiting for the confirmation. I have to find actors and I need also a technical crew!
NINE - Your plan of what you wish to accomplish.
My plan is to work on this script as if it is a music video, so I have to made some researches about visuals aspects (F.Sigismondi and G.Maddin) and I want to focus on visuals and sounds mainly, unreal and tragically magic. I also want to exaggerate the profiles of the characters, as if they weren't human, in a kind of another dimension.
TEN - A blocking diagram (this last one means you psychologically are prepared to throw away your storyboard).
I have every scene in my mind, I tried to translate it on my storyboard to be more accurate. Everything is clear for me, for the result mainly, I think I have to work on the way to direct actors and technical crew, it's the main problem that I have, so I will work on the seminar courseworks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment